Saturday 1 March 2014

Fuzzy Bunny Baby Blanket

Like many crafters I like to read magazines and websites to get ideas and inspiration for new crafts I’d like to try. One of the websites I’ve subscribed to the newsletter of is called FaveCrafts. On one of their newsletters I came across this pattern for a Fuzzy Bunny Baby Blanket. It is super cute! The pattern is by Cecilia Jorcin and is absolutely adorable. It was one of those things that I couldn’t just put on my crafty “To Do” list – I had to try making one straight away.




Of course, I loved it so much that I had to make a few more…




I did make a couple of modifications when I was making them. I found that after I had made my first bunny blanket, that I thought the blanket was too small (the pattern states 10 inches x 10 inches which is approximately 25cm x 25cm) – so I made it larger (30cm x 30cm). Also, just to change things up I tried having the bunny head on a corner of the blanket rather than in the middle.

Because this blanket is intended for small infants/children I also changed the beads that are used in the original pattern for small pieces of black felt.

I really want to thank Cecilia and other crafters like her for sharing such wonderful patterns on free to access websites. It means that crafters like myself can try new things and learn from other more experienced crafters. Cecilia has a page on Facebook that you can find by clicking on this link.


Happy crafting everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,

    This is Julia from FaveCrafts. Your project is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing it with your readers and linking to FaveCrafts. Have a great day and happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete