Tuesday 19 March 2013

Inaugural Post


During my pregnancies I am not a very well woman – I have a condition called POTS during pregnancy that causes heart palpitations, shortness of breath and dizziness. The end result basically means that I can’t do a lot standing. In order to save my sanity I have been making sock monkeys, which has turned into a bit of an obsession! I’m also starting to make other sock animals now and I have worked out how to make a cute sock dog and a sock bunny.

This is what the sock bunnies, dogs and monkeys look like:




The sock monkey’s started out as me making gifts for the little people in my life, and then when I was chatting about it to some of the wonderful mums I know (you know who you are!) I was asked by a few if I sold the monkey’s. So, I figured, why not? It also gave me something to do since I’ve been so unwell.

A side effect of becoming interested in making sock animals is that I have also started a little bit of a sock collection going. 


I keep finding cool socks online that I just have to get to turn into a cool sock animal. So far, I’ve definitely had more luck buying socks online than in shops – Australia just doesn’t seem to have the same number of cool socks available as America and England (or at least so I have found).

Today I’ve decided that I’m going to start trying to make a sock owl. People at the moment seem to be quite into owls, though I have to admit I’m not entirely sure why. But, I have an idea and I’m hoping it will turn out cute – stay tuned for my first attempt!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin, I love your monkeys most but your puppies are cute too! My 7 grandchilden and two extended family grandchildren will be proud owners by Christmas. I didn't realise there are so many stripes in socks out there!
    I dont get the owl thing either but they are popular. Good luck with your new endeavours and with the little bundle due soon, Susan H

    ReplyDelete