Saturday 25 May 2013

Creativity at Last!

Well, at long last I have exercised my creative streak. I have finally gotten around to making (make that painting) a door sign for the boys bedroom. This is actually a project that I have been meaning to do since Jeffrey was born, but I kept forgetting or getting side-tracked by other things. I got the itch to make one for Jeffrey after painting a door sign for my friend’s little boy when he was born as a gift. 

(Sign for Noah)

However, after Jeffrey was born I was too busy looking after a newborn to make his. By the time I thought about doing it again, I was pregnant with Matthew and decided to wait as the kids were going to share a room and we didn’t know Matthew’s gender.

( The Boys Door Sign)


I decided to go with bold colours for the sign, however in hindsight I think I prefer lighter colour for background as it makes the text and pictures ‘pop’ more. I went with a puppy and paw prints for the images on the sign since Jeffrey loves dogs so much, and I have a feeling Matthew will end up the same way. He wont have much a choice growing up with our dogs!

(Close ups!)



Overall I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, though it became clear to me that I need a finer paint brush for the fine lines that I use on these signs, and that I may need to relegate my old paints to being paints for the kids to use and purchase some new paints for myself. This is it has been so long since I have used my paints that they aren’t so great anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment