Sunday 27 October 2013

First Ever Craft Market

Well, I did it, I went and had a stall at my first ever craft market! I was so nervous in the lead up to it and very stressed about how it would all go, but it turns out there was no need.

The market was a new one held at Mia Flora in Karragullen (sorry, they do not have a web page to link to). Mia Flora is a beautiful tea house and garden centre that I first heard about from my parents. Mostly the locals in the area go to have a nice meal in beautiful surroundings, and having been there myself now I can see why.

We had fantastic weather, with the sun shining, so there were a fair number of people who came. However, with it not being a well established market not many people seemed to be buying anything. I only sold a couple of items myself, but I'm taking it as a good learning experience. I now know how long it takes for me to set up a table and what people are interested in.

In spite of most people not buying, I did have a lot of people stop to chat to me and look at my animals. I now know that I should have a sign made up stating that my animals are made from socks as most people had no idea and didn't know such a thing could be done/existed! I also think that in the future I will make up a sign stating that I do take custom orders for animals as well (got a bit tired of repeating myself).

All in all I think it was worth going and now I'm starting to look around for a more established market to try again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment